Focused Solutions for Recovery
Focused Solutions For Recovery is an outpatient substance abuse program that has locations in Chesterfield and Petersburg, Virginia. We provide a continuum of services that include group therapy, individual therapy, couples therapy, family therapy, alcohol and drug education, and an introduction to AA.
The mission of our program is to offer affordable quality treatment to individuals who are dealing with early to middle stage of addictive process, as well as provide aftercare support to those exiting an inpatient or residential program.
Our staff treats people with the dignity and respect they deserve while holding them accountable for the consequences of their behavior. We utilize the disease model of chemical dependency. That is, we do not hold the patient accountable for developing an addictive process, but responsible for recognizing its presence. The patient is then expected to deal with the issues necessary to facilitate long term recovery.
We are an abstinence based program, and strongly encourage an ongoing relationship with a twelve step program. We are able to treat some dual diagnoses and respect that certain psychotropic medications are necessary for optimal treatment. We are able to work with your primary care physician or psychiatrist to coordinate treatment. We do not accept individuals taking benzodiazepines.
The goals of treatment include:
- Diminishing defenses to allow patients to see themselves clearly
- Identifying where the patients are in addictive process
- Identifying triggers for substance use and other destructive behaviors
- Developing improved coping strategies
- Developing increased stabilized self esteem
- Developing drug-free leisure time activities
- Developing a relationship with a sober support system
- Developing a relapse prevention plan
For further information or to set up an appointment please contact us: