Jill Sexton-Newton, LPC
Ms. Sexton-Newton received a Master of Arts in Counseling degree from Regent University in 1994. She has provided outpatient, crisis counseling and assessment services for over 27 years. The majority of Ms. Sexton-Newton's career has been with Henrico County Mental Health and the City of Virginia Beach. She joined the Meridian Group in the fall of 2018.
Ms. Sexton-Newton has experience providing treatment to adults and adolescents ages 12-18. She is trained in solution-focused therapy which centers on a goal-directed collaborative approach to change. Areas of interest include, anxiety, depression, peer relationships, mood disorders, panic disorder, life transitions and grief. Jill has experience providing counseling to a diverse population.
- Anxiety and mood disorders
- Adult anxiety, depression and stress
- Adolescent emotional, behavioral and academic problems
- Solution focused and cognitive behavioral therapy
- Life transitions to include relationship, career and loss
- Christian counseling